Thursday, October 11, 2007

Maia shares her ear

On Fridays, the children in Maia's kindergarten "share" things.

She hadn't brought anything to school the Friday before last, so Maia shared her ear.

Kristina had told me about it and asked her about it at dinner.

"What did you say about it?" Kristina wanted to know.

"I said that it was born that way."

"Did anyone ask you about it?"

"Yes."

"What did they say?"

"Why are you sharing your ear?

We laughed. "And what did you say?"

"I said, 'I don't know.'"

But we think she did know.

For the last week, Maia was off from school. They're on a year-round schedule and have breaks during the year.

She was an angel during that week. We think it was because she was relieved from the pressures of school.

Last night at dinner, she put her hand over her ear and said, "I hide my ear when I go to school."

"Why, Sweetie," I asked.

"So nobody will see it."

I thought about that for a while. "It's hard to be different, hunh, Sweetie?"

She nodded.

John, Thursday, October 11, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home