Monday, February 22, 2010

Questions from Maia at bedtime


"How did you get me?"
"We went to the orphanage and picked you."
"Why did you want me?"
"When we saw you, we just wanted you."
"Were my cheeks fat?"
"Yes."
"Was I cute?"
"Yes, just as cute as you are now."
"Why didn't my mother want me?"
"We don't know that your mother didn't want you. We think that she couldn't keep you."
"Where is she now?"
"In Shymkent, I guess."
"But I love you, Mommy," Maia said.
"But I want to be a baby," she continued.
"Why?" Kristina asked.
"Because Daddy played with me when I was a baby."
"But he played with you today. He went on a walk with you after dinner."
"Yes, but now he only works."

Kristina reported this as her conversation with Maia before bedtime tonight.

The picture was taken on January 31st at Manoa School. We had gone there to play.

John, Monday, February 22, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home