Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We call Maia's Mother

This happened 6 nights ago.

Maia and I were sitting on the couch in front of the television.

She put a toy watch to my ear that she had gotten in her Happy Meal at McDonald's.

"Talk to my mother," she said.

I didn't think she was talking about Kristina. She never refers to Kristina as, "my Mother."

"Hello," I said, "how are you?" I glanced at Maia, who approved so far. "We're fine," I said. "We're watching television."

"Here," I said to Maia, "you talk to her."

Maia took the phone.

"Hello," she said.

"How was your day," I said. Maia wasn't facing me, and I didn't look at her.

"Fine," she said.

"Did you have fun at school," I asked.

"Yes," she said.

"That's good," I said. "What are you doing now?"

"I'm watching TV. And then I'm going to take a shower."

"That's good," I said. I wasn't sure where to take it.

"Bye-bye," she said.

"Bye-bye," I said.

And then we went upstairs.

John, Tuesday, February 17, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home