Saturday, June 14, 2008

For Maia on Father's Day, 2008



Lately you've been thinking about humor.



There's a thing that you do that always makes me laugh. You frame your face with your hands, palms forward and fingers splayed, and then you show this over-the-top burlesqued look of surprise on your face and tilt to your right, as though you're just about to fall over. You will do this over and over again, and I will laugh every time. You've got such timing. You're so good at physical humor.



"Why do you laugh when I do that?" you asked me.

"I don't know," I said. "It just makes me laugh."

"I think you have a different brain," you said. "You have a laughing brain."



I think you make me laugh, Sweetness. Thank you for making me laugh.

ps Of the picture: I asked you, "What's that?", and you said, "A happy monster."

John, Father's Day, Sunday, June 15, 2008

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Thank you, roselyn.

6/15/2008 02:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home