Friday, April 25, 2008

"I didn't know a lot of people"

I was working last night, and so Kristina went to sleep with Maia.

While they were lying in bed, Maia began to ask Kristina about people she had known when she was one year old (we adopted her at two).

"Did I know Wakaia?"--a preschool classmate. "Gosha?"--a kindergardten classmate. "Mrs. Gomes?"--her kindergarten teacher. And so on.

Finally, "Did I know Daddy?"

"No, Maia," Kristina says she told her. "You didn't know anyone here. You were in Kazakhstan then, and you didn't come here until you were two."

"I didn't know a lot of people," she said.

I'm glad we started her thinking about these things. She's been up and down it many different ways. I think all of that will help her.

John, Friday, April 25, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home