Friday, July 16, 2010

Maia has a birthday

We took Maia to Buca's last night (her favorite restaurant) for her birthday. We had just gotten back from the mainland on the day before, and she was tired and weepy.

Early in the dinner, she said to Kristina, "You are the most important. Not your parents."

Kristina told me about this later. We both thought that "the parents" she was thinking about were her biological parents. I think she was put in mind of them by our trip to the mainland and her birthday.

This morning, she said to me, "I don't like my scar."

She's also less than 100% happy with the appearance of her ear. She told Kristina a few days ago that she didn't like her own ears, she liked Kristina's.

A lot for one little girl to process.

John, Friday, July 16, 2010

ps The mainland trip with my Mother and Aunt June to West Virginia was fun and interesting. I learned a lot about both of them. I will write about that soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home