Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Maia sees music

"Mommy, Daddy, look! That music matches those flowers blooming!"
We were in the car, heading to school and listening to the radio.
She was pointing at the purple blooms of a Jacaranda tree, a row of which had been planted along the street we were on.
The music on the radio turned out to be Mozart’s Trio for Clarinet, Viola and Piano.
"Yes, Maia, I can see that!" Kristina said. "That’s good, Sweetie! I can still see it in my head now," Kristina continued, as we made a turn, and pulled away from the trees.
"It’s like a fairy land," Maia said.
"The music's different now," I said.
"Now it's like a baby being born," she said.
She had wanted me to change the station to hiphop when I had turned the radio on, but I had resisted, thinking it would be good for her to hear classical music.
Maia has a very visual mind.
Her drawings are wonderfully imaginative.
I will make photos of some of her drawings and add them here. They are colorful, funny, and creative.
"I'm artistic, yah?" she asked recently.
John, Tuesday, May 4, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home