Tuesday, December 04, 2012

I take a chance


On the way to the Bark Park tonight, Maia pulled back her lips and looked at her incisors in the mirror in the visor.

"Do I look weird?" she wanted to know.  Her incisors are growing over her baby teeth.

"A lot of kids have that," I said.  "We'll take you to an orthodontist."

"Mom already did," she said.

"Well, we'll take you back when they all grow out."

She studied herself somemore.

"That's why they got rid of you," I said.  "You're a vampire!" And I tickled her.

"If I'm a vampire, they're vampires, too!" she said.

"They want to take over the world!" I said.  And tickled her somemore.

She laughed a lot.

I joked with her once before about things that cause her paid.  It was this year.  She had come out of a doctor's appointment, and I asked, "Did they find anything else missing?"

She had laughed.

The pic is of Maia and Cocoa at the Bark Park tonight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home