Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"I wish I were a better person"

We were on our way home from the Bark Park with Cocoa. Earlier in the afternoon, I had snapped at her, needlessly. I've been representing a black, lesbian dj in an action against a radio station that, at best, is racist, homophobic, and anti-woman. Something happened today in the settlement--a snag--that had set me off. I had raged inside, and Maia had gotten burned from the heat of that.

"But you are a good person," she said.

I considered Maia and Cocoa in the mirror.

"Thank you, Sweetie," I said.

The snag had turned out to be nothing, and the rage, pointless.

As we drew closer to home, I began to feel more and more relief. I love taking Maia and Cocoa out, but I always feel relieved to get them back home safely. There's so much danger out there. From me, included.

John, Tuesday, September 13, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home